Saturday, January 27, 2007

Before I forget

Personal footnote, feel free to disregard.

Last Saturday, I had this problem. After the night out at Cozy Bar, I had dreams about Barman Ben all night. The next day, when I woke up, there was one thing that confused me, that I couldn't recall whether it happened in one of my dreams or the previous night.

Such a little thing, but it happens in my story, at a pivotal point, which is why I thought it only occured subconsciously.

I couldn't remember if he called me "honey."

Trivial, I know, but it was bothering me. I decided it must have been part of my series of dreams, because Ben was friendly, but never that verbally affectionate.

Except tonight, I had to make a note, because it threw me.

Ben, in all his stoicism, called me "honey."

I wish it didn't mean so much to me.

5 comments:

Halstead said...

I wish it didn't mean so much to you either. I mean, feeling as though you are grasping at straws, little signs that someone might be interested in you. Those little sign that (at least I thought) meant so much, but in the back of your head, you know are meaningless throwaway comments. I've been there.

*Sigh*

So I guess nothing notable happened? Or was this not "the night".

CoatMan said...

I think that Ben is a very lucky man to have somebody like you hanging on his every word like that.

Dynamic said...

Dolly,
This is one of the sweetest things I've read in a while. Tell me, what is your plan for tonight?

Love,
Dynamic

Http://masterpickup.blogspot.com

Auntie Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Auntie Mom said...

Oh, sweetie, you've got it bad!

Nothing wrong with that. People are such fucking cynics. Have a crush. Have a romance. Be smitten. Sigh a lot. It's okay. It's fun. It's part of the ups and downs. If you treat love like a business, you may succeed, but you'll never really be in the moment like you are right now, and it's beautiful.