Saturday, February 11, 2006

TV Tyler - Take Two

I have been thinking about him all day. I have barely been able to concentrate on anything else. I don't think I could ever get tired of kissing him.

You know that obnoxious couple in the bar who spends all night making out, who nobody wants to sit near? Tyler and I were that couple last night.

I didn't think I would have much energy for the date at all. I've been out every single night this week and by Friday it was starting to catch up with me. I asked if we could meet later, at 9pm, so I didn't have to rush around (the way I have been the rest of the week) and he said that was fine. I was flagging at the end of the work day, barely made it through a rigorous workout afterwards, and catnapped on the subway home. Somehow, by the time I showered, ate a rushed dinner, and prettied myself up, I got my second wind (hooray for being a night person).

I was so pleasantly surprised at how well our first date went, but I didn't want to have high expectations of the second date. Little did I know...

He was waiting for me at the bar and gave me a warm hug hello. Mmm, is there anything better than a hug from a hot man? Well, yes, there is, but we were in a public place.

We took our drinks to the back where we got cozy on a love seat in the vicinity of the fireplace. It couldn't have been a more obvious make-out area if they hung up a neon sign (Tyler later complimented my choice of bar).

I sometimes worry that the conversation will dry up on a date, especially in cases where I don't have a ton in common with the other person. Tyler and I have some overlaps, but he teases me about some of my music tastes and some of his reading tastes are way more high-brow than mine. Yet we had no trouble finding things to talk about. And I wasn't bothered by his lack of question-asking, because our chat had a natural flow to it.

Have I mentioned the chemistry? Because holy good god was there a lot of it. As soon as we sat down, he tilted his body toward me and put his arm along the top of the couch. Our knees pressed together and once in a while, he lightly touched my back as our faces moved progressively closer.

Tyler looked so good in a black turtleneckck and wool jacket. He had a sexy professor thing going and I wanted to be the naughty student. I'd ike to find out his idea of extra credit, if you know what I mean (and I think you do). Anyway, where was I?

Right. Couch, fireplace, drinks, and an irresistible man sitting kissing distance from me.

And then he was kissing me.

The very first time we kissed, last week, it was good, but not breathtaking. It just goes to show how chemistry can increase over time, because last night, it was breathtaking. It was like drowning and flying at the same time. My whole body came alive kissing him (I don't even care how corny that sounds). You know how in movies they make screen kisses to be these sweeping, passionate events that kissing in real life is never like? Well, it was like one of those heart-stopping screen kisses. Except that the kissing--and that feeling-- went on for hours, not just the duration of one scene.

It wasn't just a physical connection, either. We got along so well as we got to know each other better. We made each other laugh a lot (god, he has the sexiest laugh). He held back from telling me stories of himself that painted him in a bad light because he wanted me to like him better first. He enjoyed seeing my sarcastic/acerbic side come out. He murmured naughty things to me in foreign languages, which I told him not to translate because I was blushing as it was. He massaged the back of my neck in a way that rendered me incapable of forming complete sentences.

Sex was out of the question. First of all, I'm on the rag. Second of all, despite what I said about seeing potential in him as a fuck buddy, I think I like him too much as a person now to be able to casually sleep with him. I swear, I'm such a girl sometimes.

Like last time, Tyler insisted on paying for everything ("I'm chauvanistic that way") and he walked me home. We were a mile away but it took nearly an hour because of all the stopping we would do to make out. He said he respected my decision not to come home with him or vice versa, but that his job was to make that decision as difficult for me as possible.

Let me tell you, he did a great job. If it wasn't for my period (which I have never been so grateful for in my life), I don't think I would have had the discipline to say no. I could barely stop kissing him to say goodnight and go into my building.

Oh, and the craziest thing happened on the way home. I saw I had a couple of text messages and checked them because my phone kept beeping (I realize this is rude and I should have just switched it off). One of them was from a friend at a nearby bar, but the other was from Jon, the terrible lay from the end of last year. I hadn't heard from him in over a month!

As if that wasn't bad enough, while I was trying to say good night to Tyler, my phone rang-- at 3:30 in the morning-- and it was Jon! This bothered me, because I was worried Tyler was going to think I was some kind of player (no comments from the peanut gallery, please). I sent him a text later saying, please don't call me anymore. Didn't want to do it, but he gave me no choice.

Back to Tyler. Did I mention what a gorgeous, perfect face he has? He does. I get such a rush looking at him. Anyway.

This is how we parted:

"I had a great time." I murmured between kisses.

"I had a nice time, too," He said.

"I said great, you said nice."

"I'm from ______ [state he grew up], we're understated there."

"Fine, I'm downgrading you to 'nice', too."

More kissing.

"I had a wonderful time tonight," He said.

"I had a nice time."

"I've had worse."

"It was okay, I guess."

"It was tolerable."

"Comme ci, comme ca."

Even more kissing and I finally went inside.

Phew!

I can't believe I had two amazing dates back to back like that. Am I finally cashing in all my dating karma chips?

I'm in a bit of a tailspin over this. What if things continue going this well with TV Tyler and Arty Adam? What if I have to choose between them??? I've never had to choose before. I don't know what I would do. Also, I thought the fact that Tyler is a parent would bother me, but whether it's the hormones or the fact that Tyler is being such a gentleman, I see real potential for something with him, too.

Adam is going to be away this week, so not getting hung up on him is going to be easy. Tyler, on the other hand, has already gotten under my skin and I am eager to see him again. He also lives a couple of blocks away from me, so now I brace myself for the possibility of running into him when I leave the house. On top of that, if I do see him again, resisting the urge to sleep with him is going to be damn near impossible. Should I hook up with someone else to keep me on my best behavior with the Potentials? Seems counter-intuitive, but it could very well work. At the same time, I'm unsure about adding anyone new to my dance card until I see how things go with these two.

I'm so glad tonight is going to be a more low-key outing with friends. For once, I am actively not looking to meet someone new.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I heart quality make-out sessions...they come waaayy too infrequently in my opinion.

I'm usually one to have a hard time saying 'no' after a hot date too, but sounds like you played it right...

Here's to hot boys that are good kissers!

Dolly said...

Hot Spot,
I wish it wasn't so much about the chase for guys. Why is the unattainable so appealing for them?

Larissa,
Your instincts about Tyler were better than mine! I hope things stay this great, at least for a little bit longer.

Elle,
I live for the hot 'n' heavy make-outs. They don't happen as often as they should, and I wonder if part of that has to do with rushing into sex. Once I start sleeping with someone, there's usually less making out, since there is all this sex to be had. Some people are also just not into kissing (though I could never in a million years be romantically involved with someone like that).

Anonymous said...

Make us wait, hmm? Most girls don't have the willpower. :p

~~Affection

Anonymous said...

PS - I think you should start prefixing your guys' names with "HG" (hot guy) and then their numerical rating. For example, HG10Logan, etc. ;)

~~Affection

Jim Day said...

Dolly,

I have really enjoyed reading this blog...thanks for sharing. But I was a bit surprised to read:

"Why is the unattainable so appealing for them? [men]"

Was this a rhetorical question? With everything you have obviously learned about "The Game," it seems you know that the unattainable is pretty appealing to both sexes, not just men. Everyone seems to want what they think they can't have...so they can feel like achieved something when they get it. If only that weren't the truth...

Damn It Anyway said...

Whoohoooo!! She shoots she scores...twice.

Dolly said...

Logan,
You'd be surprised at the willpower some girls have. I happen to not be one of those girls, at least not when it comes to sex, but I've heard of other girls being able to resist temptation. And I prefer to give my guys nicknames rather than call them HG#. Alas, you will have to remain Logan instead of HG8PUA.

Dare,
I think a certain amount of restraint is important if the guys or guys in question have boyfriend potential. If I was interested in casual flings, it wouldn't be an issue. I probably won't even mention wanting to date around until one of them mentions it first.

Stretch,
Yes, it was a rhetorical question. I understand wanting what we can't have is hardwired into our nature. The trick is keeping interest once you actually get it, which I'm able to do fairly often. I generally can't stand the playing-hard-to-get game.